Monday, October 13, 2014

Tast of the Inside: Sneaking between the pages #2



Well it's Tuesday. You know what that means... a new teaser. Yay!!! If you haven't noticed I decided to change the title of this little segment to Taste of the Inside. I figured since my two loves are food and books I thought I would mush the two. What do you think? 

Last week I gave you a very juicy peek at Deceived book 2 in The Jade Ring Series, if you missed it check it out here. And today you may be hoping for another juicy tidbit, but unfortunately I am going to have to break your heart a little today... no I won't post anything mean. Instead I am going to take a step back from posting strictly teasers from my current WIP and give some teasers from Guided as well. After all, it is the book that started it all.

A little piece of Guided... In this scene Jo get's her first taste of how Angel's travel, enjoy.

“Are you ready?” Jasper asked, squeezing my hand.
“Ready for what?” I asked with a hint of fear. Where exactly was he taking me? What if he was taking me to his place? Oh crap, crap, crap!
He fought to contain his laugh but his eyes danced with it anyway.
I felt Jasper’s hand tighten and then I was falling, rushing through a tunnel with a small glimmer of light ahead. My body flew towards the light and panic seized me when I realized that the hole was the size of a marble and I was heading right for it. Before I knew it I was sucked through the hole, which oddly enough didn’t hurt.
My knees buckled once I hit solid ground. Jasper never let go of my hand and caught me before I even hit the ground. He gently sat me down. “What the hell was that?” I asked, throwing my hair from my face. “I feel like I just got shoved through a hole the size of a toothpick.”
“Actually it’s more like the size of a bullet hole.”
I glared at him.
He laughed. “Sorry. Everyone feels that way the first time they travel by stellarportation,” Jasper said, kneeling next to me. “Are you okay?”
“I’m fine, but I don’t like stellar-port-whatever,” I said trying to get up. “I’m not kidding, that was totally weird. I don’t want to do that again.”
“Hate to break it to you, but stellarportation is the only way out of here.” Jasper smiled.
“Yay!” I said non-enthusiastically. 

 Be sure to come back next week. You never know what I will share.

No comments:

Post a Comment